Friday, September 19, 2014

Weekend Homework! Yay!

Did you get an A on the quiz today? I'm looking forward to some great grades!

This weekend, please complete the graphing assignment I passed out in class. Your job is to use the two graphs (of f and g) to create a new graph of (f+g)!

If you're having trouble, I recommend creating a table like this (this is based on exercise 3 of the hw)....

 
I can read the graphs of f(x) and g(x) to find their values for a given y-coordinate. Then, I can add these to find (f+g)(x). Finally, I now have x-values and h(x) values to plot on a new graph! For instance, this table above tells me to plot (-2, 6) and (0,2) for my first two points on h(x). After I plot all four points, I simply need to "connect the dots" with straight lines!

Enjoy your weekend! On Monday we'll start section 1.6 (inverses!)--the last section of this unit! Next week we will have our unit test over two days, Thursday and Friday! It's a big week!

And here's the homework in case you lost it!


No comments:

Post a Comment